July 29, 2013

The Chic Dorm Room

As much as I hate to say goodbye to summer, fall will be here before you know it. I love the carefree days of summer, but fall has symbolized new beginnings for as long as I can remember. This is the first fall that I will not be participating in the back-to-school madness. I remember entering my freshman year of college with so much excitement for what the upcoming year held - and rightly so. Truth be told, my first dorm room was not so cute. I was definitely not prepared for the amount of organization such a small space requires, and I wasn't yet a pro at injecting personality into the plainest of rooms. While I sit here and pine for my recent past of undergraduate fun and sorority rush, I might as well try to provide help for those of you that are still allowed to sleep until noon and wear Nike shorts all day. If I could do it all over again, here are some of the dorm room items I would have chosen:

This bedspread is just the right amount of girly. Adding texture to your dorm room is SO important - it makes it feel more like home and less like a hospital room. It comes it 10 different colors, so it won't clash with whatever color scheme you have planned.
 
 
So much better than your typical whiteboard or chalkboard! Perfect for leaving notes for your roommate, or reminders for yourself.
 
 
How adorable are these ring dishes? Even if you aren't a big jewelry girl, they're perfect for corralling little odds and ends.
 
 
Get comfortable with the idea that a smaller space (especially when it's shared) is going to require more organization - at least if you want to keep a decently sized wardrobe at school.  These are really helpful!
 
 
Curtains cover up the ugly blinds that are featured in most campus housing, and go a long way towards making your dorm room feel cozy. These cute chevron ones are right on trend, come in a bunch of colors, and are inexpensive enough that you won't feel bad if you feel like switching it up after one semester.
 
 
Laundry just got cuter.
 
 
Storage that can double as extra seating = perfection
 
 
Someone go enjoy back-to-school shopping for me!
 
Cheers,
Rachel


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fancy seeing you here.

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I love reading and responding!