September 16, 2013

Setting Goals

When I was in college, it all seemed so simple: get scholarship, major in Biology, make excellent grades, graduate, attend professional school. I discovered towards the end of this process that what you enjoy studying isn't necessarily the same as your dream job, or even your true passion.

So what do you do after you make that crazy decision not to continue on the easy path? Start over...and believe me, it sucks. It's also kind of amazing. In the past year, I have experienced so many things I would have otherwise not had the courage to try.



It's no secret I'm a huge fan of setting personal goals. I would be lost without my to-do lists (daily, weekly,  monthly, and of course my 101 in 1001). I have always had trouble setting more distant goals. 5 year plans? Nice in theory, but never a part of my life....until now.

That's right, I put my big girl pants on and created 1, 5, and 10 year goals for myself. I won't lie - it was challenging. I feel like so much of my life is still up in the air, but the first step in changing this is defining my vision of my future life.

lululemon is an awesome goal-setting resource (plus adorable yoga gear). Using some of the worksheets and advice provided on their blog, I was able to come up with my 1, 5, and 10 year goals. If you're struggling with grasping the "big picture" part of your life, I highly suggest taking the time to sit down and focus on defining your vision for your life.

xo,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fancy seeing you here.

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I love reading and responding!