September 20, 2013

Giving Back

I am lucky enough to be a part of a sorority that values community involvement and philanthropy. While I did volunteer prior to becoming a sorority member, my time as a collegiate absolutely ignited my passion for giving back to the community.

There are many causes I care deeply about, but I especially embrace animal welfare. As a lifelong animal lover, walking through an animal shelter just elicits such strong emotion from me. I adore volunteering at a local no-kill animal shelter, The League for Animal Welfare. One of my favorite events is approaching, and I'll be volunteering!


The event features wine and rare bourbon tasting, art painted by the shelter animals, and a visit from Nick and Nina Clooney. I'm so excited about this event and would love to see familiar faces there!

xo,
Rachel
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Ahh how cute Rach!
    Is there a link to buy tickets or for information about the event?

    -Stefanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! You can learn more at: http://www.lfaw.org/wine-whiskers/

      Delete

Fancy seeing you here.

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I love reading and responding!