September 14, 2013

Detoxing

After a while, nasty little habits begin to catch up with us. Maybe it's an extra glass of wine (or three), a Starbucks addiction, or simply not getting enough sleep. No matter how healthy your typical day is, little indulgences can have a negative effect on your well-being.

I'm a firm believer in the power of a detox. No, not that crazy lemonade + maple syrup + cayenne nonsense - a detox that simply removes the unhealthy elements from your day and gives your body a chance to repair itself. For me, this means removing alcohol and caffeine from my diet, getting a solid 8 hours of sleep every night, and eating extra clean. I typically do 3-5 day detoxes. During my undergraduate years, it was a necessity after a rough midterm or finals week.


Here's the plan I follow:


rachelemedlock's Detox album on Photobucket


I personally don't feel hungry during this detox because I am so well hydrated and portion size is generally not restricted. The great things about this plan is that it takes virtually no time at all to prepare and requires very few "weird" ingredients. Chia seeds, kale, and berries are all considered "super foods" and do awesome things for your health.

 If you want to learn more about my detox, or want to do one with me, feel free to contact me!

xo,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fancy seeing you here.

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I love reading and responding!