1. Fresh flowers. I love picking up cut blooms for my apartment, passing all the lovely gardens in my neighborhood, and just being surrounded by things more beautiful than bare trees and brown grass.
2. Bare legs. I'm ready to retire my tights and leggings in favor of shorter hemlines. These J. Crew shorts are a warm weather staple in my wardrobe.
3. Longer days. More evening sunlight means pleasant evening runs. My neighborhood is full of runners and walkers. It's fun to see the community stop hibernating!
4. Baseball season. Go Reds!
5. Dining (and drinking) alfresco. Spring begins my mad hunt for the best biergarten. I got a little spoiled in Paris with the adorable cafes with outdoor seating on every block.
6. Open-toed shoes. I'm ready to retire my boots for a long time. Bring on the sandals and fun pedicures.
7. Spring cleaning. My apartment could use a top-to-bottom fresh start. It's also a great time to donate wardrobe pieces I no longer love, making room for the new things I'm bound to find.
What's your favorite part of spring?