April 7, 2014

Monday Meetup: History in High Heels

What's better than a lovely blogger with style? A lovely, smart blogger with style. I've been reading History in High Heels since its very beginning, and Ashley couldn't be any sweeter. One thing that stands out about her blog is her Preppy Printshop. Ashley designs fun, colorful prints and provides a selection of free printables to her readers. She also has an Etsy shop for prints and pillows. 



Current location
Tampa, Florida

Occupation
 PhD History Student (during the academic year) and Associate Director for a Study Abroad Program (in the summer)

How would you describe your personal style, in both fashion and design?
I think my style is classic with a twist. I love classic shapes and clean lines, but in bright colors and bold patterns! I am also a sucker for cheeky themed items, รก la kate spade.

 What is one item you’re saving up for?
Right now I am saving up for my summer travels. I promise myself I will visit one new European city each year! This year it’s going to be Berlin. There are also certain things I love to buy when I am in Italy - sandals in Capri and Ferragamo in Florence.

 What is something on your bucket list (or 101 in 1001 list!)?
Climbing the Great Wall of China!

Have you always been drawn to art?
Yes! I loved to draw as a child and was placed into advanced art classes fairly early in school. I almost went to art school, but I never really felt like I “fit in” with other art students. While I love art and being creative, I never wanted it to define me. Ultimately, I decided to attend a liberal arts college so I could pursue other interests (like history).

What is your design process like, from start to finish?
I look for inspiration everywhere and I am constantly taking pictures. I usually have bouts of creativity and once I start a design I have to finish it. I draw everything by hand in photoshop.

 What is your favorite print?
Right now my favorite print (and pillow) is my Kate Spade inspired “Ciao Bella.” But this changes all the time! I promised myself I would only create and sell things that I love, so this is a really tough question!



 What’s up next for History in High Heels and the Preppy Printshop?
Oh gosh who knows! I hope to keep pushing my creativity and coming up with new ideas. I would love to add mugs and stationary. As for the blog, I feel really lucky that people are reading it and enjoying it! Hopefully I can continue to provide entertaining, relatable, and meaningful content.




Here are some of my own favorite designs from History in High Heels:

 
 
1 // 2 // 3 


Thanks Ashley!

xx,
Rachel



(P.S. If you know a blogger that you'd like to see on Monday Meetup, leave your recommendation in the comments, or send me an email at rachel.e.medlock@gmail.com!)

3 comments:

  1. I am also saving to travel, and Europe is my destination! Ill have to check out her Etsy store.

    -Vogue&Heels
    www.vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the intimate details you've shared about yourself.

    www.highheelsandtutus.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl! I nominated you for the Liebster Award! Info is in this blog post; hope you accept! Great blog post!
    http://www.thelifescout.com/2014/04/liebster-award/

    http://www.thelifescout.com/

    ReplyDelete

Fancy seeing you here.

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I love reading and responding!